This procedure is an integral component to the Crossrail Controls approach and toolset, and applies to all functional departments in the Crossrail Programme responsible for managing and reporting cost. This procedure details the systems, processes, procedures and tools required to identify, collect, integrate and analyse all cost data related to the programme, with the following key benefits:
- Delivery of the Programme within budget constraints;
- Improved and informed decision making;
- Enhanced knowledge and understanding of the Programme;
- Identification and management of the most commercially viable programme solutions for Crossrail;
- Provision of consistent cost data for project and programme reporting; and
- Focused management effort and efficient allocation of resources.